What’s more exciting than supporting black businesses that help grow our communities? Nothing – join the fun!!
Below are some of my favorite items from Black vendors – guaranteed to add some holiday cheer and/or self-care to the receiver; even if it’s yourself.
My favorite black businesses this year…even though you didn’t ask:
1. Mented cosmetics – Love, love, love their lipsticks and foundation. I think they have some of the best nude lipsticks out. They have regular deals so make sure you subscribe!!!
2. Look Good Live Well – this is a line of skin care products. I really enjoy the steamer and the mask. Ariane Turner, the owner, does an awesome job giving skincare directions and tips.
3. Janomi – my go to hair oil! Leaves your scalp feeling so fresh! And their big hair bonnets are perfect for protective hair styles.
4. Curlbox- I love their non-subscription boxes–great products for hair (and sometimes skin) for below retail.
1. McBride Sisters – a black and woman owned wine brand. They have a Black Girl Magic line, but I prefer the regular ones. Sauvignon Blanc and Brut Rose’ are my fave!
2. Uncle Nearest Premium Whiskey–also black and woman owned …drink responsibly !
I love a good book by a black author. Being black is incredibly diverse in itself, and culture plays a major role in all of these books. All written by Black women authors discussing the many challenges of life and love for Black people, wherever they may be.
1. Party of Two – Jasmine Guillory (African American) @jasminepics
2. His Only Wife – Peace Adzo Medie (Ghanaian). @peacemedie
3. Behold the Dreamers – Imbolo Mbue (Cameroonian)
For the culture:
1. Collegiateluxe – great gear for HBCU alums
2. Bombchell – clothing company, started in Liberia (West Africa). This brand is on the rise – owner Archel recently opened a store in Atlanta’s Ponce City Market. I love their tie-dyed apparel!
3. Forvrmood- Jackie Ania’s candle collection. The Mood collection is aaamazing!
4. Krafted by Kai – If you are a member of the divine9 – she does custom paddles! But also does other craft items like nursery signs. @krafted.by.Kai
5. Paper.penie – this stationary brand has some of the most beautiful and realistic black art drawings. Based in the UK, but the items are popular all over. I’ve been buying her calendars since ‘17… except 2020 when she released planners. But I got both for 2021. Oh, and she has really cute screensavers!
Happy Black Friday shopping !